Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.:

Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.:
Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Be cool, go to school. . .



Friday was a big day in the program! 
We had our first day of literacy and English classes. 
We had the moms that were done or coming for pick ups to come,
through the back door. We used the spare bedroom as baby/kid center. 

Me and Thierry would stop and smile between our marriage
bible study, as we would hear the moms/dads singing a song to help
them remember the alphabet. 
I almost broke my face grinning when I saw them writing
the alphabet for the first time! 

New doors opened, new hopes were born, 
caged hearts had doors swing wide open, as they 
allowed the Lord to call them out of cages of "cants" 
and "impossibles" 

Kids watched their parents write their first letters, 
and the next generation is learning lessons. 

And this my friends.... is what bravery looks like. 
This is hope. This is empowering. 
We are giving them a boat, a fish pole, some nets, 
and cheering them on from the shores. 
Their ability, resilience, and bravery never ceases
to inspire me like crazy!!

We had a lot of pencils to sharpen!! 
First class of the day!!! Oh by still my heart.
Flora and Bridgette helped us with the little's during the classes.
Gato and Gakuru is easily swayed by lollypops. 
Devote with Emmanuel snuggly on her back as she
colors away. 

Between classes, we did our normal meetings with each mom,
to check up on how the week has gone, address where they are with certain
goals, and for their weekly supplies. Because of this, moms that couldn't
nurse can, and moms who can't nurse, can bottle feed. Abandoned
infants have homes, and moms have help. We adore our sponsors. 

Flora chilling with the mini's during class. 
Nadine is my home girl. Is it bad to admit, that I loved that
she cries with everyone that isn't mom or dad, except me. 

Nap time! 
Laughing at our silly selfies we were taking.
Have I mentioned lately, how much I love being this man's wife.
I am so blessed. 
Learning to write. . . . oh my heart! 

An 11 year old from one of our families getting a little head start
before he starts school for the first time in Jan/Feb. 
Gato and Gakuru mimicking there mama. 
These parents are rocking their classes, for their sweet twins,
Nadine and Nadia, and oldest Jessica. 
Hard at work! 
Our teacher Jean Claude teaching English classes, last class
of the day! 
Jackson is unstoppable. Once this boy learned to crawl, there has been no stopping! 

Babies, Babies, everywhere. 
Our amazing Chantel at home, brought me and Thierry a little pick me up of African Tea.
Moses has been eying our tea and coffee too much lately!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment